Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rainy Daze

I cannot say I love the rain. But since we have had so much of it, we are making the best of it and really having fun! Rain, rain, and more rain means snow, snow, and more snow. So the past two weekends we have taken the girls skiing in absolutely prime snow conditions. I plan to take Caity out of school this friday for a day on the slopes just the two of us. (Gasp, I know, what am I teaching her about the importance of school attendance!)



We have also begun "Mommy and Me" time for Amber. We are finally addressing some of her 'middle-child syndrome' with success. Three days a week while Drew is sleeping Amber and I do some kind of special activity together. Feeling limited by the rain I dug out an old book that has several preschool appropriate ideas. We've been having a blast!

We made rainbows:





We washed money (who knew this was fun to a child?):





We made 'bath paint (food coloring and shave cream) and then 'painted' the entire shower:









We made super bubbles:





And played with regular bubbles:






And we washed windows (again, who knew?):





All in all we've had a busy week and a half. Its nice to see so many cheery smiles from 'little bee'. And I love to hear her ask every morning, "Is today Mommy and me day?" So much fun...

No comments: