In all I prepared 24 "Christmas Devotionals" to try and do one each night. Life happens, and we didn't get to do all 24 individually. In fact, we ended up having a caroling night with 5 songs and scriptures to catch up at the end. And there was at least one other night we did more than one song to keep up. But this is a tradition I look forward to keeping next year and beyond.
We listened to Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven" while coloring pictures of Mary riding the donkey.
Jacob was a cow for the whole evening.
And we read this story about the wise men journeying to visit baby Jesus. We read by the light of the Christmas tree all cuddled up on the couch. This one was likely one of the kids' favorites.
I think one of my favorites was dancing along to this video on YouTube after reading the story of Elizabeth's baby jumping for joy inside her womb when Mary came (Luke 1:39-41 and 44). We will always remember Daddy's dance moves as he was "leaping for joy."
Of course, these 5 minute devotionals were not the only preparations for the holiday. School parties seemed to be never-ending. I was only able to attend two, since they all happen on the same day. But I did at least poke my head into Amber's class for a hug.
Ty's class was wild because their "elf applications" came back direct from the North Pole. They went a little wild with the elf dust.
Jacob was not amused.
The Christmas perparations went well. We are ready for Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment