January was another busy month full of fun. To start us off, Brad and the kids finally talked me into getting a second dog. Yeah, I know I just complained about being too busy. But they still talked me into it. Brad has been begging for years. And the kids all chimed in for the last year or so with him. So I stopped by the local SPCA just to see how I really felt about the idea.
This little girl stole our hearts in quick succession.
"Tess" had no trouble settling into our family.
Bella makes us the most happy with our decision. She is so much more active and happy with her new companion. Though you can't see the increased activity level in this picture. They have become fast friends.
For Christmas my brother told Amber he would take her skiing. She was so thrilled and counted down the days to he special trip with uncle. It has been over 3 years since we took her so I was unsure how she would do.
Like riding a bicycle I guess. Atta girl!
Next on the 'big events' list was Ty's 8th birthday. This boy sure does like celebrating birthdays. He asked for a roller skating party and produced a long list of friends to invite. We had the biggest turn out for a friends party that I can remember. Seven little boys rode home from school with us (LOVE my van). I stuffed them full of pizza and we were off to the roller rink.
Oh boys...
I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The boys spent their time flopping and rolling about being wild like 8-year old boys should be. I was just glad to be in an environment that it was totally okay. Not sure the other patrons were as thrilled as I. But it was worth it.
Ty cracks me up. He doesn't have any more ability than the other boys. He just wont quit. He stays focussed and keeps getting back up. He reminds me of a toddler who walks before their ready, listing and tumbling along their way. I love that he just doesn't get discouraged or worry about covering up his falls with silly antics. Love this happy kid.
Blue and Red Icees make everyone happy. Look at those tongues!
Following tradition the next event was a family party. We had all the usual guests, treats, and presents.
And then to finish off the month Ty's biggest day finally came. In our church when children turn 8 they have the opportunity to be baptized. Ty was adamant in his decision and incredibly enthusiastic about this day. He is a boy who has known from the moment we started talking about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that he wanted to be baptized. His little spirit just knows. It is a faith that is awesome to watch.
Happy birthday to our wild one! Ty, you keep us on our toes and stretch us beyond our abilities on a daily basis. We cannot wait to see what amazing things you will accomplish in this big world. One thing is for sure: nothing can hold you back! All our love on your special day, Mom and Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment