Monday, July 1, 2013

4 almost 5

Drew is 4 years old! Last night as I tucked him into bed after his party he told me, "Now I'm almost 5, Mama!" Yeesh, gimme a minute to process 4, babe.

Drew started the day with our family tradition: donuts for breakfast. But within 5 minutes of finishing said donut Drew asked to go swimming. Yes sir, Birthday Boy!




It was HOT so our swim party was an excellent plan. Lots of friends, yummy food, and swimming.




 
To my boy: I thought you were my last. And because of that, you will always have a special place in my heart. You bring me joy. I soak up your love and affection each day and take great pride in watching you change and grow. I am trying my hardest to encourage you to grow and blossom even though I wish you could be my baby forever. Your sweet smile and beautiful eyes light up my days. I have loved watching you change this year as you've learned what it means to be a big brother. I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Happy Birthday to my first "last."

No comments: