Caitlin's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year so we started by celebrating with family on the actual day. She got to select the menu for dinner and dessert and open her birthday gifts before the mom-honoring began.
My mom's tradition.
She got this for her birthday and just 15 hours later guess where I found it? Left out on my counter.
It has begun...
For the past 3 birthdays Caity has asked about taking her friends camping for her celebration. Last year I talked her into doing a hike instead (which was awesome). But this year she asked yet again so I knew she was serious about this idea. We don't do sleep-overs so this was a slight breach of protocol. But, I have to admit, this may have been my favorite birthday party to date.
The girls played games much longer than I thought they would. It made my job easy.
Is this what camping will be like someday when all my kiddos are big?
I took this picture as I was walking back to the site hearing the girls cat-calling a troop of boy scouts across the way. Mom leaves the site for 5 minutes and this is what happens? Oh yes, it has begun...
Love these girls. So fun.
Electronic devices cast aside?! Success!
Driving through camp singing at the top of their lungs. I'm sure the other campers appreciated it.
Opening presents by the fire and listening to friends playing the Ukuleles they brought.
Original...
Caity wouldn't give me a smile for the breakfast picture so I told her I would post this one anyway.
Overall it was a bit pricey, since my usual birthday budget is pretty stingy, but I wouldn't trade that money for the memories. It was a fabulous 24 hours with a great group of girls. They're all getting so big. Loved this party!
Happy birthday to my favorite 13 year old! I can't believe we are finally here. Love you to the Chinese trash can, my sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment