After blogging consistently for so long it has been hard to be away. But I have decided that being busy is just not a good enough excuse. This blog is valuable to me. It is my vent spot. My place to celebrate. My place to work out my thoughts and feelings in the midst of this whirlwind life we have been blessed with. I can't afford to cut this tool out of my life.
So, I am back. Thanks for sticking with me.
December has been pure chaos. I hit the ground running at 6:15 every morning and don't stop until the big kids are in bed at 10 pm. It is a daily race. And not just a slow-paced endurance kind of race. This has been the most intense combination of sprints and distance type 'running' I could imagine. The 'list' is never-ending. And many of the things on the list never even happen. Most days I literally run multiple times during the day. To my car to be on time. Through the house to get everything done. To an office building for appointments. Literal running. If you want a good workout plan, have 6 kids and try to run your life the same way you did with 3.
Usually the response I get from friends who see what I am up to is, "You need to just let some things go. You can't do everything." Yeah, I'm not so good at that. Brad pointed out to me today, "Honey, the house is great right now. Everything at home is exactly what we need it to be. Just because you aren't getting everything done doesn't mean you are getting nothing done. You are doing a ton for us. It's exactly what we need."
So, rather than focusing on what is not getting done or how much I have left to do, I am taking a moment to put this blog back together and get back to remembering all the fun stuff. So here's what you've been missing the past 2 months:
December is always a mess of parties, presents, programs and dinners. I love it. But I have not been so good about getting my camera out this month. Caity had an amazing holiday arts show. But no pictures or video. We've been to two church Christmas dinners that were amazing. But no pictures. All of the kids have holiday parties in school this week. No pictures. Amber's birthday party and celebration will be this weekend. There will be pictures. We decorated the tree and house. No pictures. Are you sensing a theme?
But
I did catch a few random pictures this month and I have resolved to take more:
A rare moment!! Ty sitting still reading a book. I love it when this happens.
Drew's Christmas choir performance. I know you can't see him, but he's the tiny little wee one in the middle front row. He just happened to be sitting next to the tallest girl in the 1st grade.
Justin was thrilled to decorate the tree this year and have his own ornament.
I have mentioned before: I love this dog.
Tiny Drew snuggled in between the visiting missionaries showing them a video about Christ. Tender moment.
These two goofballs had a great time making fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade after the littles went to bed.
I can't wait for Christmas break when the kids will be out of school, the parties and preparations will come to a halt, and we can soak up this wonderful time of year together. We love the reason for the season. Merry Christmas to all, I promise I'll be back this time!
2 comments:
So glad to see you back. Thank you for sharing your family . Merry Christmas
So glad to see you back. Thank you for sharing your family . Merry Christmas
Post a Comment