Ty and Drew on the 'camel' at my parent's church party. This was a great event. Good food. Good entertainment. And Christ-centered Holiday activities. I wish I had snapped a few other pictures.
We had a great church party too but apparently the camera did not cross my mind for ours. It was a super fun Polar Express theme. I wish I had snapped a few other pictures.
We have fantastic new neighbors who eagerly invited us to join their annual tradition of having the neighborhood families on our street over for caroling. We enjoyed a few finger foods while the kids all played before gathering around the piano to sing Christmas Carols. Love our new neighborhood.
The camera was a again missing as we attended our favorite annual Christmas dinner party at our friend's home. The kids look forward to this party every year because there is a large game room they are allowed to make a mess in and play with all of the other kids while we adults do the adult thing. This year there were new guns that fired foam balls and a great battle was underway when the boys arrived. We didn't hear from them except to watch them shovel a plate full of ham and rolls in their faces before returning down stairs. I wish I had snapped a picture.
Christmas Eve was unusually quiet this year. It was the first year we have not been able to participate in Christmas promise delivering gifts to needy families in the Sacramento area. Amber pointed out it was a blessing that Christmas Promise closed last year because this year Papa wouldn't have been able to be Santa. Dad came home late in the afternoon Christmas Eve and barely stayed awake long enough for us to get there and help him upstairs at dinner time. We were so grateful to have him home for Christmas.
We didn't do the usual traditions for Christmas Eve this year: baking cookies for Santa, making reindeer food, hot chocolate by the fire, watching A Muppet Christmas Carol. These traditions must return next year. They were missed terribly. And I miss my Christmas eve pictures.
The stockings draped over the couch with care... next year we will hang them.
Thank goodness for grandparents who filled the space beneath the tree! Our kids do not need more stuff, but what is Christmas without wrapping paper and early morning excitement?
Christmas Day I finally had the presence of mind to get my camera out!
There was a decent frost and Jacob kept exclaiming, "It snowed for Christmas!"
The oldest one came running down the stairs half dresses pulling a shirt over his head right after this picture. Rest assured he was present for the presents.
The boys all got a kick out of new sunglasses in their stockings and wore them day and night for a few days.
We enjoyed our tradition of singing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus and blowing out candles before breakfast. The snowman dishes were missing this year but all the usual fixin's were included.
We managed to eat breakfast, open presents, and clean ourselves up for church by 9:00. We were on time! It was a Christmas miracle.
For some reason this one was being particularly sweet Christmas morning.
After church we made our way down to Nana and Papa's. My niece and I joined Nana for her ward Choir performance while Brad and the kids stayed home to supervise Papa and administer meds. After church we made our way back to Nana's for the world's fastest present opening before Papa ran out of steam and needed another nap.
So glad he was there with us even though he was exhausted.
While Papa and Jacob napped the afternoon away Nana and I prepped the Christmas feast. Every time we have a big Holiday meal I can't help but feel gluttonous. We Eat like kings.
The camera again disappeared for the evening while we enjoyed family and friends around the table. This is always my favorite part of the Holidays.
Another Christmas has come and gone. Even though this one seemed to be lacking in some areas and I look forward to next year when we can make all of our usual traditions a priority again, it was still wonderful. We are truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment