In the past several months I have been bombarded by people telling me we need to share more about how our household runs. Things that are very 'normal' and every-day to me seem to amaze others. "You have to share this!" "I never would have thought of that!" "I'm totally going to start doing that." "You should have a 'mom-hack' blog."
It's coming from so many different people it is starting to feel like a neon sign.
So, with soccer season on the down hill slide I am starting to plan for this idea of sharing our tricks, short cuts, hacks and organizational tools. It's going to take a couple weeks to work on these and I can barely keep my head above water coaching 3 soccer teams on top of everything else. So my goal is to start posting regularly starting November 1.
Our blog has always been a family journal of sorts. Fun pictures and stories will still be the norm. But, next month I will start sharing some ideas here on the blog that have helped our household of 10-plus (the animals count as the plus) stay afloat.
As a little teaser, here is a peek at just a few of the topics on my list:
-Meal Planning: taking the headache out of feeding the troops
-Feeding the Locust: ten mouths on a budget (30 days of cost effective breakfast and dinner)
-Beyond PB&J: keeping lunches interesting (20 days of school lunches)
-Clothing is Not Carpet: staying on top of the laundry mountain
-Legos and Bare Feet in the Night: kid-driven toy clean up
-Backpack Bomb Squad: fighting the mess after school
-The dishwasher: it's not mom
-Happy Travelers: keeping kids entertained (and from killing each other) on long trips
-Happy Campers: secrets to camping as the solo adult with 8 kids
-Adjusting the Bunny Ears: helping kiddos with sensory issues cope under stress
I actually have a list of over 20 topics so this should be a lot of fun. If you have a topic you would like to see, ask in the comments section on this post. People ask questions all the time. "How in the world do you..." is one of the most common conversation starters I hear.
And, hey! If you have a secret mom-hack I don't know about, I need it!
Share your ideas in the comments too, please!
Stay tuned: November is right around the corner...

No comments:
Post a Comment