-you know we have orphans here too right?
-there are easier ways to add to your family, ya know?
-it's so expensive! You guys must have a ton of/not worry about money!
-are you just going to keep traveling around the world collecting kids?
-How many kids do you plan to have!?
I was thinking about this today and just happened to stumble across a short video that I immediately knew I needed to share:
We did not know about this documentary. Unfortunately the showing in Sacramento has already passed. But the preview itself is an excellent glimpse of why we are choosing international adoption again.
So here is what I have to say to the genuine concern and curiosity of our friends and family:
-EVERY child deserves a home. The orphans in the US, the children in foster care around the world, the children in orphanages, the children in mental asylums, the children on the streets. Every single one needs and deserves a loving family.
-Of course we know there are 'easier' ways to adopt. But that is part of the reason we are eager to take the more difficult path: not everyone believes they can. Many families pass on the opportunity to welcome an internationally adopted child into their home because it is "more expensive" or it requires travel or there are risks involved. So many children go without homes because families do not believe they can get them home. We know our Heavenly Father can bring our child home whether that means picking them up in our own state or traveling half way around the world.
-International adoption is crazy expensive. No we are not "loaded". Yes we worry about money. However we believe we have been called to this adoption the same way we were called by God to go to Russia. There is no denying God's hand in our first adoption. He lead the way throughout the entire process. He will provide again. It is our job to work hard and we know we can do that.
-I will travel all over this planet to bring my children home. I am not bringing home souvenirs. If God places my children in different countries each time He decides to add to our family then yes, I will keep traveling all over the world to bring them home.
-And finally: Were the decision left to us, we would have been "done" having children after our first two daughters. We chose to follow what we believed to be a clear prompting to have another child and were blessed with our first son. Brad and I both believed and agreed that we were done having children when our Drew was born (which turned out to be partially true). God is the one who called us to Russia. God is the one calling us to China. And we will follow our Father in Heaven's plan if He calls us to another adoption.
No comments:
Post a Comment