I moved him to his bed and finished the OT session with Jacob. Then I decided it was the best decision to cancel the lunch date. I made peanut butter sandwiches instead. I had a great dinner planned so I figured all would be well by the time Brad got home.
Ty slept for 2 hours, woke up and refused lunch, glued himself to the couch for an hour or two and then fell back asleep for another 2 hours. We managed to get him outside to take Amber and Drew to soccer practice. But he was still just not himself. We decided to scratch the dinner plans and got Little Caesars pizza instead. Ty barely ate.
After dinner he really started to complain about his leg hurting so I called the advice nurse for suggestions. I followed her instructions exactly and made him go for a walk. He needed to use the muscle to get the soreness out and sleeping all day had made it worse. I then coaxed him into a warm bath (which he ended up loving) and tucked him into bed. By the time I made it to bed I was rather dis-satisfied with my birthday. I told Brad I wanted a re-do.
I got my wish.
Ty woke up this morning feeling great again. Goofy, talkative, energy to spare, and no more fever.
We had the opportunity to go to our local water slide park today. I didn't think we would make it this year because of the cost. The kids were so excited to discover we were going. Ty was a little confused but fed off the excitement of the other kids. And when we pulled into the parking lot he actually squealed. I love hearing that joy.
Because I needed to be in the water with the littles and within reach of Ty I was not able to snap all the fun smiley pictures of our adventure. But I did catch a picture of our lunch break and a group shot with Grandma (no I did not attempt to take all 5 kiddos alone).
Amber, Ty, and Drew are getting a lot of use out of these wet-suits. It was only 68 degrees outside and breezy when we drove to the water park. It ended up being a beautiful day by the time we left the park. But I was so glad we had the suits for them.
Jacob was reaching his breaking point in this picture. It was at least 2 hours past his nap time.
Despite the lack of pictures there was an immense amount of fun had at SunSplash today. I had thrown together one of our crock-pot favorites so dinner was a hit. Ty and I had a great time at his very first soccer practice tonight. And we all went out for birthday ice cream at ColdStone.
It was a great "birthday redo."
No comments:
Post a Comment