Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Last Hurrah

I did it. I made it to the first day of school. The last three days leading up to today were a little rough to say the least. So yesterday I decided we needed one more fun outing before the school routine finally started. I chose a local bike trail. It was a beautiful morning.




The boys all got a kick out of seeing the goats. The goats are moved all around our city to clear the brush. They do an amazing job. Ty was particularly interested in the electric fence around the goats. He REALLY wanted to feel it zap him. I warned him but let him decide (It wouldn't have seriously hurt him. I have been tagged by one myself before while horseback riding). He never did work up the nerve to hold on.

Since our camping trip Ty can spot a ripe berry from 100 yards away.

We all detoured off the bike trail from time to time to explore the creek.


At the turn around spot on our ride we stopped at a corporate park (no slides or playground). Ty and Drew had the best time climbing trees and riding their bikes and scooters around the park. The girls entertained themselves by smashing acorns and relaxing in the shade.




Then we went back the way we came and hopped back in the car. Everyone seemed happy with our last little outing.

No comments: