Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Because I Insist

I am behind. SO very far behind. But I refuse to quit. I will continue to blog and post and write in my journal. I will record the goings on in our family. I want the kids to be able to remember. I want to remember. So I will keep updating this blog even if I am months behind. Because I insist.

So, this post will be a lot of pictures. And it will probably be a little long. But, dang it, I want to remember this stuff. 'Cause right smack in the middle of the 'hard,' we are having a ton of fun.


Home school trip to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. I am so very grateful for all of the cool opportunities we have had through home school funds.







Aiden's very first beach. He was so dang cute. The other boys kept saying, "He's really never seen a beach before, mom?" His enthusiasm was contagious.

Jacob is taking a break from drum lessons over the summer. I can't wait to get him back in. He is so dang cute and loves his own noise making ability. The only down side has been continually asking him not to drum on the table at meal time. It's a consequence I can live with.



Jacob's favorite part of drum lessons is 'free play' where he starts a beat and his teacher joins in. Together they play for about 2-3 minutes. Jacob stays on beat and is learning to vary his beats. He can almost reach the bass drum now.

We enjoyed a day at the tiny Folsom Zoo. We had family in town with little ones. This was a great little stop. 

Tigers

Mountain Lions

Wolves. Yes there were real ones too.

Peacocks roam freely

We watched the bears play, laughed at the monkey's grooming each other, awed at the eagles and got a big kick out of the goat exhibit being right next to the wolf enclosure (the poor animals could look right at each other...).

Aiden, Jacob and Caity got to go to the hamburger farm. Drew went with his school class too on a different day. This place is great. The kids get to play on all kinds of fun playgrounds including tractor tires, a train car, a barn slide, a waterfall where they mine for marbles, etc. And after lunch they take a train ride to the garden to learn about everything it takes to make a hamburger. They watch the bees make the honey, they grind a handful of wheat, they milk a pretend cow and learn all about the real cows on the farm, they touch and smell all of the vegetables that go on a burger, they visit the chickens. It's a neat experience.










Even among the chaos we are trying to get out for some fun family outings with daddy. This one was almost a bust. We went down to Land Park in Sacramento. For some reason it was just one of those nights where all the kids were a bit whiny. No one wanted to be there. Things that would normally be fun for our crew were suddenly 'boring.'



Then, we found it. This silly little monument got all of our boys excited. We must have played here for over an hour.



As we were leaving the boys were all saying, "Can we come back here, Mom?" Right...

Hearts are everywhere when you are looking for them.




No comments: