Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Birthday Girl

My first baby is 15! I continually find myself anxious and eager for Caity to grow up. Gasp! I know, I know. I am supposed to want her to stay little and long for the days when she was small and cute. But Caitlin has always been an old soul stuck in a young body. She is so mature I often forget she is 'only' X years old.

I love watching my girl pass milestones that bring her closer to her inside age. The fact that she will be driving this fall is thrilling (NOT because I plan to use her to shuttle people!). The fact that she could be dating this time next year makes me giddy inside. The fact that she will begin classes for college credit next fall makes me feel actual relief. It is finally time for her to start doing what she was made for.

I do not wish my sweet pea's childhood away. I am not trying to rush her to adulthood. But it is so exciting to be on the cusp of her 'sweet spot' I can barely contain myself. This kid is going to rock this world! She already is in her own quiet way.

This year my girl asked to take her friends camping overnight again. We have done this before and LOVED it. So I gladly said yes. We both got what we wanted.

Camping with teenagers is down right relaxing.



Love these goofy girls and their sense of adventure.


Birthday presents and s'mores by lantern and fire light. It's just a good combination.

The girls probably wouldn't appreciate me posting a picture of them right out of the tent in the morning. But I fed these kids well and there needs to be some documentation.


To my amazing teenage daughter,

You were the first and the only. You have been the trail blazer and guinea pig. I can feel the pace quickening with each passing year. Even living through the dark ages (10-12 was just not fun) was worth it to be here with you. We are growing up together my sweet. Thanks for being patient with me as I figure this whole 'Mom' thing out. I can't wait to see what the next year brings. You make me proud!

All my love on your birthday,
Momther

No comments: