Do you ever feel like the little guy? You know, when you feel like you are up against something bigger than you belong doing? I picture something like this:
Lately I've been feeling like the little dog staring the big dog in the face. I'm thinking, "I have no business being here. I wonder if the big dog noticed me yet, maybe I can't sneak out without him noticing..."
Everyone knows the story of David and Goliath. Little guy takes on big guy against the opinion of everyone around him, right? And because of his faith and the power of God, he wins in a big way. Lately I feel like Jr. Asperagus in "Veggie Tales" version of this story when he has the king's armor on. That image makes me think of myself girded about with armor that is too big, peeking out from behind the breastplate and helmet. I have no business wearing it, it doesn't fit. And everyone around me is pointing out the obvious: I'm too little to fight goliath. And yet there is God saying clearly and repeatedly, "With me, all things are possible."
I have faith. I know the opinions of others and logic of this world do not matter when God is on your side. But I wish I had the same kind of faith that David had. I wish I could single handedly march onto the battle field with nothing but my sling and without the support of those around me.
The field is before me. We have a challenge and have chosen to move forward. I may not be marching out in confidence, staring Goliath in the face. But I have committed to put together $800 in the next 7 days and follow that 48 hours later with another $1750 (our agency fee). This was a goal I originally set to have complete by July 4. Because July 4 felt comfortable, doable, even logical. I've been around the fundraising block before and thought I could put together some fun events by then. But God's time is rarely our time. And this is my Goliath.
I cannot count on our running team to put this together. I cannot count on a big garage sale like last year. I have 9 days to come up with $2500. And while Goliath is looking kinda big, I do have faith the size of a mustard seed so I know I can move this mountain through the power of God.
Why am I sharing this here? Because I am not David. I need a few people to rally around me and show God's power. Do you know God? Do you have faith? Do you believe He can do all things?
This is a blog that gets a lot of in-person comments. I love hearing from you guys. But this is a time when the world needs to see our faith. Will you leave me a comment right here on the blog for all to see? Will you spread the word and invite friends to view this post and comment too? Will you proclaim your faith with me and watch as God does something amazing?
I have commented before about the power of prayer, and we need that too. But I know the power of testimony to be equally moving. Proclaim with me your faith and let us raise up a mighty praise to our Father. I'm marching out onto the battle field. Will you rally behind me and let out a mighty battle cry?
Leave a comment. Your testimony, a scripture, or simply the words "I believe". Show me God's army.
You can also visit our other blog www.adoptingwithoutdebt.blogspot.com to watch the fundraising thermometer rise.



2 comments:
I can relate to this feeling. You are up against a Goliath but with faith and God's timing, things will happen if we trust in Him. My favorite scripture is 2 Nephi 4:19- "...I know in whom I have trusted."
Kim everyday I feel your same battle. Life is huge and i dont have the power to over come the challenges but somehow it always works out. Sometimes not on our timeline but in Heavenly Father's time line. I know things will work out, it may not be the way you expected it to work out but it will, if it is God's plan. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment