Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Red Sea

I wonder sometimes about the Israelites. They witnessed the plagues. They were protected during the Passover. They knew God had delivered them from Pharaoh. And then they witnessed the parting of the Red Sea. They watched as the waters parted and they walked through on dry land. They saw Pharaoh's army swallowed up behind them on the very same path they had just passed through. I don't know that I can imagine a more awesome sight to behold. It would be a memory that would be etched into your mind forever, right?

So then, when I keep reading the story of those Israelites, I wonder how they could continue to question God. Didn't they just see the Red Sea parted? Hadn't they just seen miracles before their very eyes?

Then I experience my own "Red Sea" miracle and still I find myself feeling the very same fear and hesitation. "It's not possible" my brain will say. But then my heart reminds me, "You just saw the Red Sea parted! How can you doubt?" Those Israelites are not as unusual as they seem. They are me. Imperfect man (woman) with finite understanding. God can do all things. From grand and unbelievable miracles to simple provision through daily manna. All things are possible.

Today was the day we felt we needed to have our agency fee prepared. But our Father did not ask us to prepare alone. And He has provided. Our agency offered to accept a half payment to begin the necessary paperwork with an agreement that the second half will be provided at our next step. And nearly every penny of the first half of our fees has come to us over the past 6 days. Our Heavenly Father provided.



No comments: