Had I taken a selfie upon waking this morning, it would have looked something like this:
Brad and I have a saying for when we are really ticked off: "My hair is on fire!" When I turned off my alarm this morning at 6:30 an email came through on my phone from NVC (National Visa Center). I had spent the majority of my week last week wrestling WWE style with this particular government agency over getting our son's immigration paperwork completed. They made a few errors and seemed to have difficulty meeting the expected time frame for our case. So I had spent a few hours on the phone with them to correct and properly motivate them.
Friday afternoon I was finally allowed access to the very last form we will complete state-side for our adoption. Anyone who has adopted from China will recognize the form name DS260. It asks such pertinent questions of our 6 year old son as:
-"Do you seek to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, or any other illegal activity while in the United States?"
or
-"Have you ever ordered, incited, committed, assisted or otherwise participated in genocide?"
Right.
But once I finally had this document completed and received a preliminary email from NVC stating our case was being forwarded to the U.S. Consulate in China I thought the battle was over.
So, at 6:30 this morning as I opened the expected email confirming the case had been cabled to China and I noticed they had misspelled Brad's name I immediately defaulted to this:
The good news is after just 3 and 1/2 short hours of phone calls, I got the problem fixed. Crisis averted.
My hair is no longer on fire, though it may still be smoldering a bit...


No comments:
Post a Comment