Thursday, May 8, 2014

There will be another little boy in this house

I remember before we brought Jacob home walking down the hallway and noticing Brad standing in the nursery. I stopped and peeked in the room to try and figure out what he was doing. He reached out to me, pulled me into his arms, hugged me and told me our boy would be home in that very room soon.

I have found myself doing this same thing lately. As I put laundry away in Drew's drawers or toss his shoes into the closet I can't help but stop and look over all the "Big Boy" clothing hanging there just waiting to be worn.


Drew likes to read his story before nap time on Ty's bunk and sometimes I will lay on Ty's bed while Drew gets ready for bed at night. Any time I happen to crawl onto the bed where Ty will sleep I imagine him laying there next to me for bedtime kisses and hugs. I imagine what it will be like for him to lay in that bed for the very first time when we arrive home.



I remember doing things similar to this before the birth of my newborn's too. I imagined them in the cute little sleepers and outfits that were hanging in their closet. I envisioned dressing them on the changing table. I sat in their rocking chair dreaming about holding them.

So much is the same. He may not fit in my arms in quite the same way, but I can't wait to bring my new baby home.

No comments: