Monday, May 19, 2014

So when do you travel?

My friends: if I knew the answer to that question you would already know too.

EVERYONE wants to know when we will travel. Believe me, I know. These last couple weeks have been an excellent exercise for me in patience and self control. Many of you know I am a planner. I want to have all of my ducks in a row. I saw this on Facebook the other day and just about died laughing:


This is such an accurate description of what is happening with our travel dates. We have known from the very beginning that travel confirmation will come at the last minute. Some agencies do things differently but ours is able to get us in country within 1-3 weeks of receiving our travel approval. We have known for months that we may receive as little as a few days notice. We would likely know a few weeks in advance what dates the group would be going. But we may not necessarily know we can be a part of that group until just a few days before we fly.

So here's what's really going on with our travel: The last group to go left May 7. We knew we would not make that group. But we did know at the beginning of May there would be another group going either June or July and we have a chance at that group. AS SOON AS that group has a travel date we will plan to join the group. BUT until we have our Travel Approval in hand we cannot buy airline tickets.

So when you hear me say, "We think we'll be going the second or third week in June" what I am really saying is, "there might be a group leaving either June 11th or June 18th and we are hoping to find out sometime during the week of June 4th if we can be a part of that group." And we were just recently told that the June group might not actually be going until July 2.

Ha!

That is my travel plan. Yup. That is it.

When I know, you will know. In fact, the whole dang planet will know because I will likely make a scene...


No comments: