Drew felt the squeeze first and cried about Ty "not letting me win." Drew didn't say it to be whiny. Ty really was intentionally cutting Drew off and blocking him from being first. Later in the day I noticed Amber being a little more vocal than usual. Ty actually complained to me several times today about Jacob getting handsy with "his" toys (the ones that happened to be in Ty's hands at the moment). And by the end of the day I had to reel my Big Fish back in and remind him who is really in charge.
Today was my experiment. And it went they way I predicted it would. So, now that I know how each of the kids will act and react both with and without my guidance, I know exactly who needs what... for now.
Overall it was still a great day.We played, we rode scooters, we played basketball, we visited another park, we watched a movie, and we went swimming. Once Daddy got home we ran a couple errands. Then the big boys got to help Dad repair flat tires on some bicycles while Jacob and Amber and I picked Caity up from an activity. It was a full day that still included a lot of fun and smiles.
Ty got a little distracted during our basketball game watching the skate park. It was fun watching him show off his b-ball skills.
I love where we live.
This was one of the many challenges for the day. Ty was attempting to horde the one slide and not allow Drew on. Oh, nuh-uh. I did step in on this one. He pouted and stayed 10 yards behind me during the rest of the walk to the actual park...
It is funny to me that public drinking fountains are novel to Ty. He wants to drink from them all and always asks permission first. Likely because he is unsure if the water is safe...
This is how we do Walmart these days. Oh yes, we are a three-boy cart now.
No comments:
Post a Comment