Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Three, Four, and Five Years

Three years ago I was parenting 3 children. We were on the verge of bringing our 4th child home. But three years ago right now my life was so very different.

A little over 4 years ago adoption wasn't even on our radar yet. We new it was in our future but we had not started pursuing adoption in any way.

And 5 years ago we thought we were done 'having' children. We thought our family was complete with two daughters and a son. Ha! How quickly things can change.

If someone had come to me 5 years ago and told me where my life would be today I would have laughed in their face. "We can't afford that! We are maxed out with 3 kids, we don't have the parenting ability for 6 children. There isn't room for 6. We couldn't... it wouldn't be possible... It wouldn't work..." I can hear my old self. I can see the furrowed brow on my face and look of disbelief as I stand with little baby Drew on my hip. I can imagine Brad quickly coming up with a joke that makes everyone in the room chortle along with us as we all dismiss this 'silly' idea.

Yet here we are.

It happened. We did it. Are doing it. This is our life. With 6 children.

The money was provided. The miracles were provided. The growth and ability was provided. And it wasn't as hard to make room as we would have thought. We could. We did. It was possible. And it did work.

Brad will still try to crack a joke to try and get the room laughing. But the laughter will fade quickly as we realize what has actually come to be. Because this is pretty amazing.

3 comments:

CMoore said...

I keep checking your blog and you haven't posted in such a long time. I do hope your just super busy and everything is ok.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I also kept checking the blog. Love reading about your family and experiences. Hope all is well. Hope you have a great holiday season