Friday, September 28, 2012

Theraputic shopping

I do not wait well. I can organize, I can muli-task, and  I can improvise like no other. But ask me to sit and wait patiently and I don't know what to do with myself.

Thirty days. It is a mere thirty day wait from court to gotcha day. These are the longest 30 days of my life! (Execpt for maybe the 3 days I was overdue the week before Christmas with Amber... maybe.)

Last night as Brad and I lay down in bed and I stared at the ceiling, I said with a hint of a whine, "I hate waiting." Silence from Brad, so I continued, "I think I need to go shopping." Now Brad is laughing.

For anyone who knows me I am not much of a shopper. Unless I happen to be searching for really cute boy clothes. I LOVE the hunt for cute boy clothes. With girls, it's too easy. Everything is cute. Everything matches. Everything is embellished. Everything has cute accessories to go with it. And while I greatly appreciate the simplicty of dressing a boy (Everything is interchangable. Spill on the shirt? No problem, just grab another one. Accident on the pants? No biggie. Close your eyes, reach into the closet, and grab a different pair. No need to change head to toe) sometimes I long for that compliment from a random stranger on how cute my child is dressed.

So, today I snuck some cash from the money box (just had another garage sale last weekend) and went searching for Jacob's "Gotcha Day" ensemble. After seeing my son in pink during most of our visits I was definitely in the market for something that screamed BOY!

 

Lumberjack Jake. Perfect.



I also needed to find something super cosy to bundle him in since the Russians would NOT be happy if we took him out in a measly 3 layers, hat, mittens, and jacket. Drew has always been known as, "Brother Bear", and we have taken to calling Jacob, "Baby Bear." So when I casually walked into Carter's this morning, I was tackled to the ground by this cute little snuggle suit and forced to buy it immediately. ;)

 
I think it's safe to say "therapy" went well this morning.

No comments: