Monday, April 10, 2017

From China 04/10

Today's picture is in front of the American Embassy here in Guangzhou. Today was our consulate appointment. They do not allow phones or other cameras inside so this is my only picture. But I love this picture because the same thing happens every time I visit the embassy in a foreign country: when I see that flag my heart swells! 



I have enjoyed this trip to China so much. The last time we came I didn't really have any desire to come back. It was so hot. Being here again has been so much better than I expected. I actually wouldn't mind staying longer his time if my family were here. I need my husband and children (and I miss the rest of you too) but I am not tired of the food or the sights or the culture differences this time. But no matter how much I have been able to enjoy myself this time, I love my country. And I was so happy to see that flag today. So close to home. 

After our appointment we came back to the hotel to play. Nathan left his tablet in someone's bag again. Yes again. He knew he wouldn't get it back until tomorrow so he went to bed to console himself with a nap. Aiden and I made origami together for a couple hours. We all had lunch together in our room. Then we took a little outing to the store. 


I wanted a red pen for a project I am working on from home. I was so proud of myself for finding my red pen! The Aeon market is a five story Walmart/mall combination. It was a bit like finding a needle in a hay stack. After my victory we celebrated with ice cream at McDonalds. 

When we got back to the room we carved soap sculptures for a couple hours. Well, Aiden and I made sculptures. Nathan spent the entire time cutting his soap bar with scissors. Whatever passes the time... 


Aiden loved my little hulk guy. He took multiple pictures of it. We made the 'A' for Aiden together. And he made the cheese block himself. I asked Nathan if he wanted a picture of his soap stub. He didn't. But this was definitely an effective way to pass a few hours.


We also played basketball. I brought a nerf hoop and taught the boys 'PIG'. This was great fun for another hour. 

We got a little stir crazy by dinner time so we went out for dinner and a walk. The hotel grounds are pretty amazing here at the Garden Hotel. It was fun to see the waterfalls all lit up. 

Now we have about another hour to pass before bath time. One more day done!!

No comments: