We made it! This is the last blog post from China! I can hardly believe it has been 3 weeks. My flight from San Francisco to Shanghai feels like a lifetime ago. But at the same time it is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that it is already time to go home. I can't believe how well this has gone. All credit goes to God. These boys have done amazingly well. I have had strength and patience beyond the norm. The kiddos at home have done extremely well and daddy has had everything he needed to do more than survive. Everyone has loved their time with dad and away from work.
We are blessed.
For our last day I reserved a very special activity for the boys. I'm actually a little surprised I was able to hide them this long. But I brought both boys their own RC car. Nathan tried really hard to pretend he wasn't interested in his. Until we went to the park and I had only brought Aiden's. The boys had driven the cars all over the hotel and through the indoor mall area attached to our hotel. But when I offered to put Nathan's in my backpack before we left the hotel he said no. Until he realized Aiden was allowed to drive his car in the park. He immediately started repeating, "Me? Where me? Me too! My car?!"
We had a great time in the park despite Nathan missing his car and even got trapped by some real rain for a whole 15 minutes. I told the boys in Chinese: "THIS is rain." And we stood beneath a covering to wait the rain out. We enjoyed some nice thunder and one lightning streak before the cloud passed. It was beautiful.
Amongst our activities today were pipe cleaner creations. Aiden thought this was great fun. Nathan got his tablet back today and was much more interested in catching up on what he had missed on Cue Cue (Chinese Facebook).
We also played with balloons, did the usual Uno 'til our eyes went cross and a few other paper games.
We managed to run into 2 other families at our hotel while our room was being cleaned. I enjoyed some English adult conversation. I feel like I found them too late though. Cause we are outta here!
Not much else to say other than 'See you in America!!!' One more sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment