When it was finally time to eat I got up to get the little kids' plates and Justin was right on my heels, "Mom, let me help you." He carried the plates while I scooped servings. We had managed to sit at one of the tables that was dismissed last for the buffet line. Justin was so hungry and he made us all laugh with his antics while we waited. I told him he could go back for more food more than once and his eyes and smile got really big. He ended up having a total of 3 chicken breasts, 2 servings of potatoes, a mountain of salad and squash, bread, and cake. It was a good night for Justin's appetite.
The kids did well during the dinner. We took a couple of breaks during all of the speeches.
After the rehearsal dinner we had a dance party. This has become tradition with the Utah family. And being there for a wedding made a dance party all the more a necessity. My teens were feeling a little self-conscious so I went ahead and made enough of a fool of myself for them to see it was fun and safe to participate.
My little ploy seemed to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment